What If… I want to get out of my PCH car finance deal?

You’ve got a car on personal contract hire or “PCH”, but you want out. Is there anything you can do?

– Return the car –

You can return the car early, but you might have to pay off the leasing costs in full before you do – which makes no sense at all unless there are some extenuating circumstances, if you’re paying for the car you may as well use it.

– Speak to the provider –

If you’re having problems meeting the monthly leasing charges you need to speak to the finance provider to try and come to some sort of arrangement.

It’s a good idea to ask if they can extend the length of the lease to bring down your monthly payments.

In short though – and this may not be the news you want to hear – if you get a car on PCH, you’ll have to pay the agreed amount before you can return it.