Richmond warehouse conversion a sign of the times

THIS warehouse conversion offers buyers the chance to secure a piece of Melbourne’s history, dating back to the late 1800s. A Victorian Heritage Database report shows the site at 82-84 Abinger St was initially occupied by Clark Bros. blind factory prior to the 1890s. In 1929, the building was replaced with a two-storey factory leased to a tinsmith, then Richmond Rubber Products in the early 1930s, and finally W. James & Co sack merchants from 1934. #1637